- Health clinics / eye clinics.
- Empowerment programs for workers.
- Awareness programs for workers
- Direction to professional and tertiary education.
- Professional guidance programs.
- Medical aid (for occupational diseases).
- Disaster relief.
- Awareness programs on occupational health and safety.
- Legal aid.
- Financial aid and scholarships including school utensils to dependents pursuing studies in the event of accidental death while in service.
- In the event of permanent disablement due to accidents while in service/ financial aid/ orthopedic appliances appropriate for use depending on the nature of disablement and scholarships including school utensils for the dependent children pursuing studies.
- Relief and financial aid in the event of natural disasters.
- Appreciation of exemplary service - 'Shrama Abimana'.
- Medical aid in appreciation of exemplary service - Shrama Abumana Medical Aid.
- Legal aid.
- Shrama Vasana Scholarships.
- Medical aid.
When your employer has expelled you from service in an arbitrary manner or when your employer has initiated an enquiry against you, you can obtain legal aid from the Shrama Vasana Fund.
- Direct the services of a lawyer or a legal representative to file your complain.
- Grant financial aid not exceeding Rs. 10,000/= to meet the payments to the lawyer / legal representative.
- You basic salary when you were expelled from service should not exceed Rs. 10,000/= or your salary including all allowances should not exceed Rs. 15,000/=.
- Your complain should be filed in any one of the following institutions.
- Labor Tribunal
- Industrial Court
- Labor Compensation Commissioner or
- The service termination division of the Labor Department.
- A lawyer or a legal representative should appear on your behalf.
- Documents required to establish your identity. A photo copy of the National Identity Card / Passport / Driving license recommended by the Grama Niladari and certified by the Divisional Secretary.
- Document to conform the place of residence (confirm residence by DS4 form and get it recommended by the Grama Niladari and certified by the Divisional Secretary).
- Documents to confirm the salary you got at the time of termination of service.
- The note issued and certified by the employer giving particulars about the salary drawn for the last time.
- Any document certified and given by the employer in which particulars about the salary drawn for the last time are given.
- In the event of a note giving salary particulars is nor available, if the salary particulars given by prosecution has been accepted by the respondent (the employee) the relevant documents or the salary accepted by the respondent in the answers filed should be certified by an authorized officer of the prosecuting institution and forwarded.
- A certified copy of the complain filed by you (The document should be certified as a true copy by an authorized officer of the prosecuting institution).
- Documents confirming that a lawyer / legal representative is appearing on your behalf
(The letter confirming that a lawyer / legal representative is appearing on your behalf giving his / her name and address and the case number together with performance records of the dates on which he / she appeared in courts on your behalf should be certified by an authorized officer of the institution that has filed action should be forwarded).
- If your case in courts is still being heard:
A letter giving the date on which the case was heard and the case number should be certified by an authorized officer of the institution that has filed action and forwarded.
If the hearing of the case have been concluded:
A document giving the final decision of the court should be certified as a true copy by the institution that filed action on your behalf and forwarded.
- Documents of place of residence and identify should be certified by the Grama Niladari and the Divisional Secretary.
- Documents conforming the salary scale, the copy of the complain and the documents conforming that a lawyer or a legal representative is appearing on your behalf should be certified by an authorized officer of the institution that has filed your complain.
If you complain has been filed in:
||The Labor Tribunal||-||Assistant secretary should certify if|
||Industrial Court||-||Secretary should certify if|
||Labor compensation Commissioner's office or||-||Labor Commissioner or Assistant Labor Commissioner|
||Service Termination Division of the Labor Department|
Note: If the certification is done on behalf of the above officers, a letter giving the name and designation of the officer that has conferred the authority to certify should be given and the officer confirming such authority should place his official seal on the said letter.
- Downloading from the internet.
- From the Shrama Vasana office (if a request is forwarded the relevant documents will be posted)
- From all Labor Offices.
- From all Labor Tribunals.
- From the office of the Labor Compensation Officer.
Financial aid and Shrama Vasana scholarships granted in the event accidental death.
In the event of an accidental death of an employee, financial aid is given to the dependents and if the dependents are engaged in studies they can apply for Shrama Vasana scholarships and school educational kits.
- Financial aid to the dependent of the deceased person.
- If the dependents of the deceased are engaged in studies, a scholarship worth Rs. 50,000/= and a school educational kit worth Rs. 10,000/= will be awarded to the then.
Forwarding particulars about the deceased.
- Documents required to prove the identify of the deceased.
- A photo copy of the National Identity Card / Driving license / Passport should be certified and forwarded.
- A photo copy of the certificate of birth of the deceased should be certified and forwarded.
- A photo copy of the death certificate of the deceased should be certified and forwarded.
- Documents to confirm the place of residence of the deceased: DS4 form, recommended by Grama Niladari and certified by Divisional Secretary should be forwarded.
- The employer should submit a certificate to the effect that the deceased was one of his employees and that his death was caused by an accident.
Forwarding particulars about the dependents of the deceased.
Dependents engaged in studies:
- Documents confirming the identify of the applicant for a scholarship:
- A photo copy of the National Identity card / Postal Identity card / School Identity card certified by Divisional Secretary should be forwarded through the Grama Niladari.
- A photocopy of the certificate of birth of the applicant for the scholarship should be certified and forwarded.
- The head of the relevant educational institution or the school should certify by letter that the applicant is engaged in continuous studies.
- Documents establishing the relationship of the applicant to the deceased should be forwarded.
Particulars regarding the guardian of the applicant for a scholarship.
- Documents confirming the identity of the guardian.
- Documents confirming the place of residence of the guardian.
- Documents confirming the relationship of the guardian to the applicant for a scholarship. A photo copy of the certificate of birth of the guardian or any other legally valid document.
- Particulars regarding all unemployed dependents of the deceased at the time of death should be certified by the Divisional Secretary and forwarded through the Grama Niladari.
- The place of residence, identity and relationship should be certified using DS4 form, Photocopies of Identity card, Birth certificate, Death certificate, Marriage certificate etc. should be certified by the Divisional Secretary and forwarded through the Grama Niladari.
- A certificate to the effect that the applicant is a student should be issued by the head of the institution or school in which the applicant is pursuing studies.
- A certificate to the effect that the deceased was an employee during the time of his death should be issued by the employer or the Commissioner of Labor of the given area.